The Joint Consumer Advisory Group (JCAG) was formed in 2010 as a joint initiative between PC4 and the Psycho-oncology Co-operative Research Group (PoCoG) in order to promote and increase community participation in the activities of both groups.
The purpose of JCAG is to provide a mechanism for community input on research activities and priorities for both groups.
Key activities include:
- Reviewing research concepts and protocols from the community perspective, including the relevance of the overall research question
- Reviewing information sheets and consent forms of PC4 and PoCoG-supported studies
- Participating in working groups
JCAG members are also involved in other activities:
- Facilitating links with the community and cancer community/consumer groups
- Raising awareness and advocating for community priorities among the PoCoG and PC4 members
- Advising on ways to increase public awareness of the importance of clinical trials
- Advocating participation in research and clinical trials to consumers
- Contributing to or initiating community projects and activities